Family connections are often our strongest ties. Yet within the complex knots that are our families, pulling on one string can often over-constrict one thread—or loosen others. There is no shame in wanting to strengthen these ties because difficulties within the family system can sometimes seem impossible to overcome. The health of the family system greatly affects our physical health and stress levels. When boundaries are tested it may at times feel like we are losing our dearest to us.
Through family counseling, you and your loved ones can learn to navigate challenges, nurture deeper understanding, and renew the connections you share. WellPath believes in the resiliency of change and how this can profoundly alter family stress. We will carry this hope even if you seem like you have no more hope left.
We will work collaboratively to create a plan tailored to meet your family’s needs. Together we will develop practical and compassionate solutions aimed at coping and resolution.
Common areas addressed:
- Teenage struggles
- Child/parent conflict
- Parenting concerns
- Anxiety and depression
- Blended families
- Difficulty with or between adult children
- Family, school, and friendships issues
- Problem behaviors and emotional hardship
- Divorce and other life transitions
- Trauma and grief
- Defiance and power struggles
What you may gain from family counseling:
- Decrease in negative behaviors and interactions
- Improved ability to communicate effectively
- Renewed connection with your spouse and children
- Less conflict within your household, school, and social networks
- Enhanced understanding of the roles and dynamics in your family
- Ability to move toward healing from current or past traumas
- Greater knowledge and skill set to work through future family conflicts