Conflicts can arise at any stage in a relationship, and sometimes those conflicts grow in complexity despite our best efforts to resolve them on our own. Whether you’re a new couple, a married couple, or a couple facing separation, our highly trained WellPath counselors can work with you to navigate and resolve the challenges in your relationship.
Through our sessions together, you and your partner can discover new methods of communicating, develop deeper empathy, and revitalize your respect, appreciation, and understanding of one another.
When couples argue, the arguments are usually a kind of protest from one partner about not feeling connected, not trusting, or not feeling safe or secure with the other partner. When you are lost in negative cycles and patterns with each other, it may feel like the fights will never be resolved. These negative cycles get in the way of seeing one another with empathy and understanding.
In couples therapy, we highlight these negative cycles in a non-judgmental environment. Our trained therapists work to restore feelings of empathy. They strive to provide a balanced look at the relationship to increase the awareness of these cycles and to help partners feel safe, close and understood.
Common areas addressed:
- Communication difficulties
- Betrayal and infidelity
- The presence of the four horsemen by Dr. John Gottman (Criticism, blaming, contempt, and defensiveness)
- Jealousy and trust issues
- Attachment issues
- Sexual intimacy and disconnect
- Commitment issues
- Differences in parenting
- Trauma patterns playing into the couple hood
- Substance abuse related relationship concerns
What you may gain from Marriage Counseling & Couples Counseling
- Increased emotional and physical connection
- Feeling seen by your partner
- Resolving what seems the unsolvable question, “Should we stay together or part.”
- Effective communication tool box
- Healing of infidelity and/or past trauma
- Resiliency to handle difficult times together instead of feeling alone